Topband: Stew - Low Band Jack in VK6

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stew - Low Band Jack in VK6
From: Phil Hartwell via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 09:53:44 +0800
Hi Guys,

The last few weeks have seen some good openings to stateside from VK6 and some very strong signals, on a relatively quiet band, so I was looking forward to the Stew, however, the first serious thunderstorm activity of our approaching summer, picked the Stew weekend to fire up and made it very difficult to copy most stations, which was very discouraging.

Consequently I didn't spend much time on the band and only made a couple of EU contacts at my SR and three west coast stateside contacts at their SR.

Hopefully our summer QRN will take a break for the Big Stew.

I hope to catch a few of you in the meantime, particularly SD, need that one for 160m WAS.

73, Phil VK6GX.

https://www.avg.com