Topband: Big EU opening

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Big EU opening
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 12:15:33 -0600
Last night the band was in fine shape from western Canada to Europe.

51 EU calls were logged on 160m CW between 200-520z.  Perhaps a one night
record for me.

Some signals were incredibly loud, sometimes over S9.
The band was open right across Europe and into Russia.
OH, SM, OZ, LA, LY, UA, SP, OM, OK, DL, I, F, ON, PA, 9A, G, EI, EA, YL and UR.
Many old friends, but some new calls never worked before on 160m.

The geo-mag forecast looks good for conditions to remain quiet till at least
after the weekend, so I remain hopeful that things will be good for the
“lowband Jack” 160m contest this weekend.
I am getting my forecast from the 27 day magnetic forecast from NRC Canada on
my webpage here https://www.qsl.net/ve6wz/geomag.html
<https://www.qsl.net/ve6wz/geomag.html>

73, de steve ve6wz