Re: Topband: Beverages and VK

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverages and VK
From: K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:19:12 -1000
Did you try all the other direction beverages you have?
In the past 20 years of operating here in KH6 I find many times
EU comes through over central america, not over USA, and its
hard as heck to tell EU to listen that direction.  Same with signals
from the northwest,   I hear  lot of stations coming from the west instead
of northwest etc.   very skew path.
so switching to a dipole helps,  not with angle but with direction,
if one had a beverage on that skew path one would find the beverage
works quite well.
Lot of variables and as they say you never have enough antennas for
receive.

73 Merv K9FD  Molokai Island Hawaii.

Interesting observations with dipoles and high angle of arrival at
sunrise/sunset. But from graphs, the beverage also has a fairly high
radiation angle.

I am wondering whether anybody has compared beverages on 80m with RX
vertical arrays or transmit 4 sq. On 80m, my Beverages are a bit
better than 4 sq for DX.

Ignacy NO9E