Re: Topband: "good in-band receiving capability."

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: "good in-band receiving capability."
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:27:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Dick,

If you're lucky enough to be able to install a receiving antenna about
1000 feet from your transmitting antenna, a separate high dynamic
range receiver or transceiver will be able to hear weak signals when
the main transceiver is calling CQ or working QSOs. In band receive
allows SO2R operation in 160 contests.

I borrow my neighbors 4 acre field during the winter for my in-band
receiving antennas. They work great with either my K3 or FTdx5000
for in-band receiving with my transmitting antennas 1000 feet North
of the receive antennas.

73
Frank
W3LPL