Topband: Soldering aluminum coax shield to copper wire

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Soldering aluminum coax shield to copper wire
From: Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 03:56:38 +0000
Many many years ago I had partial success soldering aluminum coax shield to
copper wire using the motor oil technique. I also believe I had some flux
(unknown type) that helped.
But I had no luck with motor oil last week and can not find the flux I had,
which might be a good thing as it is 20 years old.

So what is the easy reliable cheap method to get the job done?

Chuck