Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage
From: fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 17:45:10 -0400
Thanks Gary, Lots of good info. I have a little bit of all the wire you
mentioned in your post. I will check out Luis's site also. Thank you Fred
KB4QZH
-------- Original message --------From: Gary Nichols <kd9sv@comcast.net> Date:
5/8/20  4:06 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Fred Moeves' <fmoeves@twc.com> Subject: RE:
Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage Fred, the rev bev is very easy to build and
very forgiving.  My designs are all based on the approx. 150 ohm impedance of
military field wire WD-1A or also speaker wire or low voltage landscape
lighting wire which is a zip cord style.  Telephone drop wire or entrance cable
is also easy to use and rather inexpensive, especially in Europe and is
sometimes referred to as "Killu" wire in Denmark.  See IV3PRK's blog for info
about BOG and RBOG studies Luis did while living in S. America.73, de
gary-----Original Message-----From: Topband
<topband-bounces+kd9sv=comcast.net@contesting.com> On Behalf Of Fred
MoevesSent: Friday, May 8, 2020 2:04 PMTo: topband@contesting.comSubject:
Topband: 2 wire reversible BeverageGetting ready to put up a 2 wire reversible
Beverage and I have a few questions and looking for some ideas…Sorry I’m sure
this subject has been beat to death… I did some searches but didn’t find what I
was looking for.My understanding is the wires need to be in the horizontal
plane to keep everything balanced.Also I am assuming I can use THHN wire and
twist it together and then put both wires on one insulator.Or another way would
put insulators on the side of trees and separate them by a couple of
inches…like ladder line.Just wondering which way would be easiest to build and
give the best performance?To me it would seem to easier to put 2 wires together
on just one insulator.I will be installing this on the trees in a heavily
wooded area.It seems building the antenna with 2 wires and keeping them
parallel and same distance from the ground will not be easy.ThanksFred
KB4QZH_________________Searchable Archives: http://www.contesting.com/_topband
- Topband Reflector