Re: Topband: KV4FZ

To: <lstoskopf@cox.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: KV4FZ
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 10:29:14 -0500
Also sorry to learn of the passing of Dick, K2RIW. I was an early builder of his famous 432 strip line amp (parallel 4CX250Bs) that appeared in April, 1972 QST. My equipment and mechanical skills were limited. While my amp worked it didn't quite perform as well as it could have. Dick kindly asked me to send it to him where he made some improvements. That amp allowed me to make the first 432 EME QSO from KL7 (with the big 150' dish at Stanford Research Institute/WA6LET) as well as the KL7 end of the QSO that completed the first 432 WAS with Mike, W0YZS (SK) back in 1975.

73. . .Dave, W0FLS

-----Original Message----- From: lstoskopf@cox.net