Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 15:06:37 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Ed,

What is the frequency of your local BCB transmitter?

This is the best brickwall filter -- capable of handling 200 watts --
that money can buy. Its provides at least 40 dB of attenuation below
1700 kHz. Several PVRC members located within a few thousand
feet of a 50 KW 1500 kHz BCB transmitter use them with excellent
success.

www.dxengineering.com/parts/dlw-fl1718

Less expensive filters work fine if your local BCB transmitter is below
1500 kHz. You can save even more money if you can place the filter
before the receiver input to your radio, so the components don't have
to be rated for 200 watts.

73
Frank
W3LPL