Re: Topband: W0ZTL (was Anyone QRV in ND?)

To: Dick Grolleman <PA3FQA@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: W0ZTL (was Anyone QRV in ND?)
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 08:37:53 -0700
It was always special to work W0ZTL.  I remember a QSO with him on
5-Dec-2015 when he called me in the ARRL 160 contest at 1500Z.  He had a
great signal - well past his sunrise.  We exchanged paper QSL cards back
then.

My last QSO with him was in the same contest - a year later.  He was pretty
active during the ARRL 160 in 2016.  While he didn't send in a log - he
showed up in 54 logs that were submitted including many on this list.

I don't see any QSOs with him after that.  Always had a big smile when I
worked him.

W7LR is another "silent key" - but still alive.  His station has been taken
down and he is living in an assisted living home.  Think he is either 100
or very close to it now.

Hoping to current virus doesn't take other topband legends with them.

Tree N6TR