Topband: Any experience with 2N3553?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Any experience with 2N3553?
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:07:42 -0400
Don,

Thank you for confirming the eBay part is not the same as the one sourced from Digikey/Mouser. I have a couple from eBay (at a $1 a piece I could not resist LOL), and a bunch from Digikey. The eBay ones will be discarded immediately, before I get distracted and forget about it.

I'm curious about the following:

1) Kits advertised online, but not on eBay. I don't have the link handy, but I remember the pictures clearly showing the same 'Motorola' part I purchased on ebay;

2) When one buys assembled boards on eBay. Do they use original parts or counterfeit ones?

73 de Vince, VA3VF