Re: Topband: AA0RS result CQ160 SSB

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: AA0RS result CQ160 SSB
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 02:02:33 -0800
On 2/27/2020 12:20 AM, uy0zg wrote:
My best of Colorado at 160:  KV0Q - 20 QSOs, K0RF - 12 QSOs, AA0RS - 6 QSOs

It's been a while since I heard KV0Q, but the other two stations are bone-crushers 1500 km to the west.

From a pretty decent station (but nothing like those CO guys)
near San Francisco, the only way I can work EU on 160 is FT8. That's changed over 10 years as a result of increased RX noise on both ends. Those CW QSOs I made soon after moving here in 2006 I can no longer make today. UR and UA are confirmed using FT8 this season, and even Zone 17 and Zone 20!

73, Jim K9YC