Re: Topband: CQ WW 160 CW - SK.. ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ WW 160 CW - SK.. ?
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 23:53:34 +0000
To be honest I don't think there is a code of ethics anymore at least not in award chasing in Ham radio.

To give example I recently heard a very prominent operator and Dx'er on FT8. In three calls from western US this super station gave a middle eastern station a plus 6 and plus 8 dB S/N report that was at very best -12 DB at my location. Now in order to do that he would have had to beam right through me as propagation was to N/NE. His signal was very modest at my location lending me to think RHR.

In case anyone hasn't noticed lying and cheating is epidemic here and throughout the world at every level. Nothing will change much because nobody has the balls to deal with it. So with that in most cases the awards have become a participation award. Good job Billy.

I'm over it. In the end there isn't anybody who will care anyway. If that is you gig carry on.

73

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein