Re: Topband: 4SQ Arrays in proximity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 4SQ Arrays in proximity
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 10:42:11 -0800
On 1/28/2020 8:43 AM, Mpridesti via Topband wrote:
Then spent a lot of time listening to WebSDR receivers in EU and switched that
relay box on/off to see if I saw any gain variation with the 160 antenna. I saw
no difference. However I have found a very slight improvement in F/B or F/S
when the 80 m array was open circuited (shorting relays engaged).

Both observations make sense -- the most sensitive characteristic of arrays like this is what happens in the nulls, which depend on very precise cancellation of signals that are equal and 180 degrees out of phase.

73, Jim K9YC