Topband: FT8 and comments.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT8 and comments.
From: John <beaumonts@beaumonts.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 19:42:41 +0000
Hi guys not posted for many years , I worked as a ships  Radio Officer for 28
years finally ended career with a Norwegian company working North of 65 degrees
on a semi sub offshore drilling rig Dyvi Stena.

In the early days had to send reports mostly cw, then later creed teleprinter
horrible
Radio room full of figure 8 paper copy tapes hung on nails hihi .

Cw always was the mode my rig / gear old fashioned the best filter in my
opinion is between your ears , no money for expensive transceivers but antennas
not bad
And 40 zones on 160 cw . I'm not a digi fan but hey ho each to own . All best 73

John G4EIM

John Beaumont