Re: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:25:09 -0700
FT-8 and RTTY while both using radios hooked to computers, (unless you use a Model 28) are significantly different in practice.

I'm not an RTTY fanatic but I do have 255 countries confirmed and a DXCC certificate that says "RTTY" on it.  I won't repeat how FT-8 is used but will point out that when I operate RTTY, I tune the band looking for signals, I determine the RX/TX frequency (frequencies if split), I determine when to call and I determine what to send.  Sounds like ham radio to me.

Wes  N7WS