Re: Topband: de n7dd

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>, Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: de n7dd
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 16:46:54 -0500
Issues of a fixed capacitor as seen in this thread have been a similar
problem for a network two-banding an 160m Inv L over FCP.

k2av.com has a section on this problem how to do 500 with three 170 pf
barrel style HEC caps. The section also has links to HEC reference material
on how to derate those capacitors, also links to a number of suppliers.
Click on green index button "160+80 on One L/FCP".  Do a find on "80M
Capacitor".

The calculations in the k2av.com text are at 3.5 MHz. The reference
material will need to be exercised for 1.8 MHz.

The HEC 170's seem fairly plentiful with better prices than other cap
values.

73, Guy K2AV