Re: Topband: ARRL 160m

To: Joe Galicic <galicic@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160m
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 11:57:37 -0700
Wow…great stuff Joe!
Thanks for that info.

On a "miles per watt” I think N3HEE qualifies as my best DX during the
contest..by a long shot!

At 2,000mi/ 5 watts you were 400 miles per watt.

EU ranges from 4,000-5,000, **assuming** 1 KW, that is only 4 or 5 miles per
watt.
My most distant DX was BD4WN at 6,000 miles so at 1 kw still only 6 miles per
watt.

Of course the big issue with EU and AS DX from VE6 is trans-polar AU
absorption, but fortunately the ionosphere wasn't lit up too bad.

de steve ve6wz