Re: Topband: RFI

To: n6pe@yahoo.com, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI
From: "jcjacobsen@q.com" <jcjacobsen@q.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 12:37:25 -0500 (EST)
How do to all,

Rick is having trouble with his LED hall lights on 3/way with dimmer.

Rick, this may be a stretch, but it might have to do with the length of the
wiring itself. ie: When you turn them off from the switch that kills the
problem, you might be shortening the length of the wiring away from a 1/4 wave
on 160, With the dimmer end, which has no effect, the over all loop for some
reason thru the lamps to the other switch and back, is 1/4 wave. If the lamps
are screw-in led, try replacing them with incandescent or compact fluorescent
and see what happens.

I had a problem with a speaker for an alarm system. Alarm would go off on 40
meters. Turns out the speaker lead loop was real close to 1/4 wave on 40.
Didn't need that particular speaker, so I lifted the leads at the alarm panel
and twisted them together. Problem gone. (of course you couldn't do that with
120v wiring. <GRIN>)

Like you said (in so many words): FUN FUN FUN

73 es gd luck
K9WN Jake