Re: Topband: Odd (?) Propagation this Wednesday AM

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Odd (?) Propagation this Wednesday AM
From: K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 14:25:30 -1000
Yesterday ayem  5H3 was on for over an hour,  he was -10 here yet an hour and half after sunrise,
he had peaked several times around sunrise at +0
This morning was 3B8M on for a couple hours,  same thing, copy great after sunrise,  as was VU2
and a number of others.
JA of course very strong as well as UA9 etc.   heard a few EU stations before sunrise.
So far so good on the low cycle.
73 Merv K9FD,   Molokai Island Hawaii

I went to bed the 2nd time last night around 0900Z (not much to show for my 0700-0900 2 glass of water alarm. I decided to leave the computer and rig on 1840 listening to dreaded drone of the FT8 bees. I slept in and didn't get up till 1300Z an hour after my sunrise, Scanning the JTDX record to see what I had missed I was surprised to see decodes of a JA and 3D2AG almost an HOUR AFTER my sunrise !. There was indeed the sunrise bump  where I also copied those two stations which lasted about 10minutes , Then about every 15 minutes the decode log showed the JA and 3D2 they would pop in for single decode and sometimes 3 or4 before dropping out again

Dave
nr1dx