Topband: Crazy high RBN SNR reports

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Crazy high RBN SNR reports
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 12:18:50 -0000
That's very interesting Steve . . .

I've often been amazed at seeing my signals reported at 40 or even 50dB
above the noise at different NA RBN sites . . .

However, thinking about it, it's often from endless CQ Calls when I'm
getting no replies, so I guess it IS reporting MY signals.

I usually only check RBN when I'm getting no replies, to see if the
Propagation is still there to NA . . . that to me is the best thing about
RBN, it saves you wasting time on the band when you're getting no replies,
so you can go back to bed!

Roger G3YRO