Topband: Less FT8, more DX with power failures

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Less FT8, more DX with power failures
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 12:22:25 -0000
Hi Greg

I sympathise, as I live in an ordinary house in the city. But my noise isn't
too bad, around S5 in a 3kHz bandwidth (but obviously lower in a narrow CW
bandwidth) . . . and lower still using my Rx Loop up in the Loft.

Have you made sure that your noise isn't from a device in your own property?

Best way is to turn your Mains Off at the fusebox and see what it's like !

I found a couple of rogue devices in my own house a while ago . . . but I
also managed to track down a problem at one of my neighbours - bought them a
new charger !

Roger G3YRO