Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?

To: topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>, N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?
From: Mike Furrey <mikefurrey@att.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 13:45:54 +0000 (UTC)

I did and it was easy and worked well. I could not find much info (Internet
found one picture and not much in handbooks for a hairpin on 160). I "WAGed" it
and took #10 solid wire and wrapped 12 turns around a 3" form and shunted it
across the feed point. I dialed in the match by spreading and compressing the
coil. My inverted L is suspended between two tall trees with four resonated
elevated radials (81' long) up 20'. My original feed point impedance was about
35 ohms. I used my Comet antenna analyzer for this process.

73, Mike WA5POK

     On Sunday, September 1, 2019, 2:47:07 PM EDT, N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>