Re: Topband: 160 portable vertical

To: topband@contesting.com, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 portable vertical
From: Julius Gostel via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 22:00:13 +0000 (UTC)
 My antenna at KH2/K4SXT was 126' of wire 40' vertical up a coconut tree - then
the rest horizontal to another coconut tree. Two full 120' radials on the
ground. No separate receive antenna. Pretty simple and it worked pretty well.
Did I hear everyone, probably not, but I did work some pretty good stuff and
way over 100 DXCC in less than 2 years. Same piece of wire for A92ZE. but 70'
vertical and two gull wing elevated radials worked better. Used a 350'
horseshoe non-terminated beverage (on top of my compound wall @ 8'). Both
worked Real well. Again more than 100 DXCC in about 3 years.
If you can get 126-130' of wire in the air, it will work.

Have a great trip - I'll look for you,

Gus K4SXT ex 9V1ZE, /KH2, KG4ZE, A92ZE, /DU3

     On Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 5:23:32 PM EDT, W0MU Mike Fatchett
<w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

 and then you need to be able to hear the people calling so you will want
some kind of receiving antenna.