Re: Topband: 160: Digital only DXCC needed - AKA, things that will kill

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160: Digital only DXCC needed - AKA, things that will kill the hobby..................
From: Phil Duff <na4m@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:06:41 -0500
> On Aug 6, 2019, at 2:49 PM, Dan Edward Dba East edwards
> <dan.n.edwards@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> gosh, am I the only 'old timer' who actually LIKES ft 8 ?? it has put qso's
> in my top band log when the band  has been really crummy...
> and yes, i can copy cw...when the band is actually open...
> the jtAlert chat window can make the q's more personal, if desired...
> 73 W5XZ, dan

Dan - I’ve been licensed and active for 49 yrs so I guess I qualify as an “old
timer” - but maybe not by some standards.

I enjoy FT8, and also SSB, CW, RTTY, FM, etc.    Thats the whole point - if you
enjoy it don’t let others rain on your parade.

This thread would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

73 Phil NA4M

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink[dot]net