Re: Topband: Which RX antenna is better?

To: kolson@rcn.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Which RX antenna is better?
From: CUTTER DAVID via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 16:32:03 +0100 (BST)
Kevin
This might help on a small lot: I am very fortunate to have a dual rx K3S and I
am planning to use 2 flags at right-angles in the corner of the field I've been
loaned.  Being in the bushes and at modest height they cannot be seen and with
relays to change phase of each I hope to get 4 quadrants in diversity
reception.  I chose the flag as deliberately lower performance than some others
to avoid a hole around 45 degrees, ie to complement diversity and they have a
good f/b according to lists I've seen.  Everything is a compromise.  I suppose
a K9AY could be used in diversity with suitable connections.
David G3UNA/G6CP