Re: Topband: unsubscribe

To: topband@contesting.com
From: Stan K <k8ll.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 18:41:59 -0400
Just an FYI:

Some email programs have a button you can just tap on or click on that is
supposed to unsubscribe for you. I think all that does is send out a
message that says "unsubscribe" in the subject and perhaps "unsubscribe" in
the body of the email.

I have used that in the past but most of the time it did not work, because
most lists need you to unsubscribe in a different manner.

That may be why we see this fairly often on some of the lists, because
people don't realize that just sending "unsubscribe" doesn't work...or
don't really understand what the email program is doing.

Just my 2 Hertz worth.

73
K8LL