Topband: In need of a Rohn 25 top plate

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com, topband@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Topband: In need of a Rohn 25 top plate
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 13:47:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,

I am in need of a Rohn 25 flat top plate or maybe a strong rotor/bearing plate.
I've got to make a custom pulley and smaller return pulley setup for using my
Ramsey worm gear winch to raise and lower a thousand pounds of tower from the
ground up. Running the winch cable up the gin pole, out to a block-n-tackle on
the tower, then back to the other side of the flat top plate is what I have in
mind. I've done it before and it self aligns the tower great as well as
dividing the load in half. My tower weighs just under 1000#'s and so whatever I
come up has to be strong and may well require some welding and drilling. The
top plate doesn't have to be pretty, just work.

Terry

KI7M