Re: Topband: AM interference on 1840

To: Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: Topband: AM interference on 1840
From: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 23:23:27 -0300
that´s what a ham in Colombia told me, not a good translation but:

*I told you that that harmonica is completely ruining our operation in FT8
since it completely erases any signal in a bandwidth of up to 20 kc. We
have denounced the fact to the Colombian authorities that monitor the
matter, without that until now they have ordered to suspend the
interference. I invite you to complain to the Ministry of Information
Technology and Communications of Colombia to the following email:
minticresponde@mintic.gov.co <minticresponde@mintic.gov.co> mentioning the
international recognition of ITU and IARU for the 160-meter band between
1,800 and 1,850 as a service exclusive primary for the global radio
amateur.  I hope not to bother you with this invitation and that you can
help us to solve this situation that harms us all.  *

here is a video he sent to me
https://www.facebook.com/cx6vm/videos/vb.1568202116/10218675433508165/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1558491590796597

73,
Jorge

El mar., 21 may. 2019 a las 2:00, Gary Smith (<Gary@ka1j.com>) escribió:

> I sure hear something there and it is from
> due south. They're wasting a lot of power
> if that's them I'm hearing.
>
> 73,
> Gary
> KA1J
>

> > Hello
> >
> > do you notice a second harmonic on 1840?  It´s very strong
> >
> > I determined that is from LA VOZ DEL PUEBLO 920 AM, in Colombia
> >
> > https://www.lavozdelpueblo920am.com/
> >
> > I sent them an email with no answer yet.
> >
> > Maybe if they receive many emails will take care about that and ask
> > the technic to solve it, what do you think?
> >
> > --
> > 73,
> > Jorge
> > CX6VM/CW5W