Re: Topband: FT-8 vs CW

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT-8 vs CW
From: Victor Goncharsky via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:25:31 +0300
Just a short story for this FT-8 vs CW/SSB discussion.
We, with Helen UR5WA, have been waiting for QSL card from VR2XAN for 160m QSOs
in CQWWCW 2017.
Two direct requests both with IRC and $$$ have been sent but no answer.
Tried some Italian assistance - same result.
So the obvious decision was to give FT8 a try.
This resulted in VR2KW QSOs and the next day LoTW confirmation.
We have no interest nor intention to apply for Digital DXCC, but if there's no
other option we'll work new ones on FT8.  "The world is changed".

--
73, Victor Goncharsky US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests, ex UB5WE), P.E.
UARL Technical and VHF Committies