Re: Topband: Lack of NA Activity on CW

To: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of NA Activity on CW
From: Richard McLachlan <richard@rodsley.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 18:57:59 +0100
Coming back into ham radio after 40 odd years QRT I feel like I have woken into
a new world. I finally found out what the strange warbling noise around 1840 is
but have no desire to investigate it further. Absolutely the most annoying
thing I have found is the universal practice of everybody giving 599 reports in
contests which gives me no information at all as to how I am getting out. The
first time I received one I was overjoyed but later realised the truth. Perhaps
I am of the last generation, but I will continue to give accurate reports
contest or no contest. Once upon a time I could recognise most of my regular
contacts simply by their CW fist.

However I am really enjoying it.

Richard G3OQT