Re: Topband: Great moments in Top Band History - 7P8LB

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Great moments in Top Band History - 7P8LB
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 22:23:14 +0000
Hello All,

I'm not so sure about the title but it was interesting and fun none the less to chase 7P8LB on top Band. I made attempts all three evenings but failed to garnish a contact. Each night I could hear them up two hours before their sunrise. Then, near the magical time 03:45 -04:15 UTC they would rise above the noise Q5 copy.

I recorded night number two and almost all of the opening on their last morning event. Kudos to K7ZV, N6VR, AA7A, W5ZN, N4RJ and KY7M who made it into Rune's log.

I have no idea what they were using for antennas but the signal was very predictable and consistent.

Eastern Africa is a difficult but not impossible path from the left coast. Perhaps with a little influence we convince someone to go to zones 21, 23 and 39 to make a serious low band effort. The late Winter and Spring Equinox time periods would be perfect for a WAZ wrap up!

All of this made up of the giant Pacific void we have.

73 and best DX

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein