Re: Topband: Inverted L loading wire dilemma

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L loading wire dilemma
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 23:41:38 -0000
51ft vertical with two stainless steel loading wires (just capacity to
ground). Which netted 298 current DXCC.
I later changed it to a 60ft vertical with shorter loading wires. Both
systems used a Hairpin match. I must say I don't see much difference between
the 51' and 60' vertical, although my ground system is extremely good, so
would not expect too.  Both vertical heights here had the loading wire tips
at a height of about 35-45ft
Dependent on version. All resonated at about 1.9mhz before the adding of the
hairpin coil.   DXCC current only confirmed is 308.
73 Clive GM3POI