Re: Topband: Lack of QSO's

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of QSO's
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 14:14:46 -0500

Hi,

I hope I won't be invited to leave (or pushed out). I am never going to be a top gun on top band. Instead of a 100 acre antenna farm I have a 100 foot antenna farm. And the 100 feet is shared with a four bedroom house and 2 car garage. And about a half mile from an airport runway. I have still occasionally made some contacts on top band. I am not even on top band at the moment but I have a radio that can get me there with a little TLC and it is right next to the work bench NOW. It will fit in my new, reduced size ham shack too:)

I am more interested in casual, rag chew QSOs but I would never refuse to give contest stations some points or say hello to DX hams. Like some of the others here I am not impressed by FT-8. I tried it. I do not begrudge those hams who like it and use it. They do not get in my way I'm happy enough to see them on the air. Yes..there are few enough active hams. Let's keep everybody.

73,

Bill  KU8H