Re: Topband: V84SAA 10 Feb SR Report 80m and 160m

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: V84SAA 10 Feb SR Report 80m and 160m
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:14:09 -0400
Hey Jeff,

Last 2 nights here @ my SS 2145z (and even a few minutes before ) you've
been SOLID copy on 80m CW.

If I'm being honest, peaks are at 519 have been seen, but -419 most times.
With a couple repeats, Q's to the Maritimes and New England should be
possible.  Some of the big boys have been calling. I had what I consider to
be an iffy QSO on 80m tonight @ 2203, (not 100% sure on the RR/TU) as
there's so much EU QRM, that it's hard to tell, hi! (you'd think those guys
could find another QRG to tune their amps and practice using their ditting
devices on.

Only whispers on 160m so far, but think I heard you guys calling twice,
right before the time frame W1NA worked you (I had tuned away by 2200Z or
thereabouts so missed his QSO w/ you)

Anyways, with my 80m 4-Sq and legal limit, you're just not hearing me very
well yet on 80m.  There've only been several in NA calling on 80m at
2135-2150z time frame ,. but I am quite sure we're getting swallowed up in
the EU's that continue to call no matter what, even though you are very very
good about calling NA NA NA, NA/SA etc a lot over there simply don't heed
your advice.  Tell Krassy to keep at it.

Good job all 'round !

Mike VE9AA

Hi ALl

Just got back from the CW site.

I worked W1NA via LP at about 2237z on 1805.5  qsx 1808.5   I do this set of

frequencies to try to focus on NA at both SR and SS - as it helps keep a bit
of

order out of ASIA and EU.  Still some do CALL outside their allowed band

segments.  This was my first breakthrough to the NA east coast  on 160m - I

heard no other callers - I was there from 2150z to 2250z cq'ing for NA

steadily. Wish there had been others...

I will be back at SS again looking for NA

Next to me on 80m about 3505 - K1LZ managed to work my brother K3ZM via the
LP

also - there may have been others.

Part of the problem on 80m is that one cannot HIDE from unwanted callers -

W3LPL had a tough slog to get through the very loud JA callers - I am sure
it

would have been much easier if Asia had stopped calling. But it is what it
is.

We know many want their Q and get impatient - it happens and we just  have

go with the flow - HI.

We will there again at our SS - 1805.5 for 160m and around 3505 for 80m.

Keep your ears on pls!

73 JEFF K1ZM

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB