Topband: Topband Phenomenon

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Topband Phenomenon
From: Dan Atchison via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 12:38:26 -0500
During the CQ WW 160 CW contest a week ago while operating at the N1LN M/S station, I happened to be in a fantastic run of EU.

On one and only one QSO, I worked a "G" station whose callsign's last suffix letter was at least 20dB stronger than the rest of his call.  I mentioned this to NR4M while discussing the contest with Steve at the Richmond Frostfest and he said he experienced the same on one occasion; he thought meteor and I was thinking airplane.

Anyone else experience this on topband and if so, have a "scientific" explanation?

73,
Dan -- N3ND