Re: Topband: Failed bulkhead connector

To: fmoeves@twc.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Failed bulkhead connector
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 13:26:33 -0600
Hello Fred,

Absolutely! Have for many years. I wouldn't dream of not having that stuff
in my outdoor connectors.

For UHF-style connectors, I pretty much filled them up. For other
connectors such as snap-and-seal, too much can push the coax out of the
back of it due to hydraulic pressure as the nut is tightened.

I believe that the reason why no F-connector has ever failed at 1500 watts
is due in part to that silicone dielectric grease.

The cable TV business depended on that stuff to prevent outages from
moisture ingress, which would not only corrode the center pins and sockets
but also cable shields.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com