Topband: Subject: Re: elevated radial Message-ID:

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Subject: Re: elevated radial Message-ID:
From: Kenny Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 10:27:23 -0500
I agree that 5m high is better for elevates radials.  If you go with 2 full
size radials, start the radials as a dipole at the installed height and tune to
resonance.  Once tuned, remove the coax and short the dipole and that will be
the connection point for the vertical. Then modify the vertical section to
achieve total antenna resonance.

This is how we tuned all the Team Vertical antennas on our expeditions.

Regards , Kenny K2KW