Re: Topband: 160 Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com, K4SAV <RadioXX@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 Antenna
From: Gary Kohtala - K7EK via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:10:36 +0000 (UTC)
 Short the braid and center conductor and attach that to your tuner single wire
connection.. It will work much better than connecting only one side. This
willgive you a top loaded vertical or semi vertical. I've done it with100w
without issues of RFI. Higher power might be a different story,depending on the
physical placement of things in and around your shack.Having a decent ground
connection to the tuner chassis would be a plus.
Best regards,
Gary, K7EK
    On Monday, December 17, 2018, 2:47:32 PM GMT, K4SAV <RadioXX@charter.net>