Re: Topband: 11-29-2018 80/160 Phoenix

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 11-29-2018 80/160 Phoenix
From: HP <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 03:59:56 -0500 (EST)
FWIW ----

I don't know about polarization - but this evening/early morning 0700 to 0800
here in Phoenix on a city lot buried in noise - I was hearing CT9/DJ2YA ,
H7/RM0F, C6AGU
LOUD and was hearing several of the JA stations the H7 was working
around 0730. I first thought it was WA8AET but it was JA8AET -then heard others
he worked.

Earlier on 80 PE5T 0634 was the loudest I have ever heard a PE station on 80 ,
worked him and heard other WC and NM work him.
There were some G and GW on but wayyyy down from the PE5 .

THEN Centurylink decided to put S9+ carriers on from about 1775 to 1860
every 4 khz - have no idea why they needed just 1775 to 1860 . And yes in
Phoenix its every 4 khz like 1803.967 1807.967 etc -not the
standard 4.375 khz spacing . ADSL2/VDSL stuff.

Hank K7HP