Topband: Fwd: Re: Drone and pulley

To: topband@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Re: Drone and pulley
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 14:11:25 -0800 (PST)
Interesting about the drones. I want to get one or maybe have someone who runs
them take a video of my tower and place. High quality video that is. If you
ever watch youtube/Andrew Caramata doing his property management/excavation
stuff you will be amazed by how long his video are and the distances he flies
with his drone. He even has a video where he takes it apart and does a repair
on the camera mount system to get it to run smoothly. I'm a real fan of this
youtube videos about the arborist/tree climbing pruning and tree removing
(don't know exactly what to call it). Ace Tree out of VK land has some awesome
videos. I could use someone around here like that but the one quote I got was
over $1000.

With the drone I would think if you can come up with a mechanism to release the
rope/fish line you could use a fishing weight about 1 to 1.5 oz and run you
line over a tree and drop it. That would keep you from tangling up your drone
coming down again.

Most of all they really can do some tremendous video with the drone!

Terry
KI7M