Topband: Condx on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx on 160
From: "Jim - WS6X" <ws6x.ars@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:45:24 -0500
This morning from 0000 - 0230 (Tuesday evening, local) conditions were
interesting here in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. Early on I copied
numerous Western EU working NP2J, and F6ARC was his usual beacon strength.

Around 0200 I heard R3LA with a big signal and immediately turned on the
linear. I got impatient with the 3 minute warm-up, so tossed my 85 Watt
signal into the pile. Much to my surprise, he came back to me and gave me a
559. Twenty minutes later LZ1PM was booming in, and I easily worked him with
a kW.

Oddly though, Roger, G3YRO was a steady S4-5 throughout the evening, but I,
and numerous others, could not work him. (I was using the full legal limit.)

So from my end, conditions to EU seemed spotty. Pretty good to Eastern EU,
not so hot to Western EU. From this QTH so far, this season has been a mixed
bag. Many days of very poor condx, and several when Western EU was easy to
work, but Eastern EU was missing. Zero days of wide open to EU condx.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Jim, WS6X