Re: Topband: Bizzare EMI Story

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bizzare EMI Story
From: "Lloyd - N9LB" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 10:04:08 -0600
Hello Jay!

Sounds like every conductive element in your home is acting like an antenna.

I'm thinking that you need to look at your station grounding.

Is your antenna well "earthed" at the feed point and the feedline choked?
Are all your water pipes, gas pipe, duct work, and electrical common/utility
ground point, bonded together?
Do you have a Perimeter ground around your house?
Take a look at "Grounding and Bonding for the Radio Amateur".
https://www.arrl.org/shop/Grounding-and-Bonding-for-the-Radio-Amateur

73

Lloyd - N9LB