Re: Topband: Accuracy of modeling of 160m verticals

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Accuracy of modeling of 160m verticals
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 16:01:05 -0500 (EST)
Hi Ignacy,

Salt water is very special! In a salt water environment potentially
the entire Fresnel zone -- where as much a 6 dB of gain is obtained
from ground reflection -- is in a highly conductive environment.

Low angle radiation from a vertical with a salt water Fresnel Zone
is much better than from an inland vertical.

In a inland location only a very small fraction of the Fresnel Zone is
covered by conductive radials.

73
Frank
W3LPL