Topband: WWV/WWVH as prop-indicator for EU stns

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: WWV/WWVH as prop-indicator for EU stns
From: "Dr. Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 18:29:15 +0200
hello !

the CO and the HI locations provide valuable real-time propagation information for EU hams and others worldwide.

One can clearly derive information on what path is open on what frequency to the US.

Very often it shows that contacts can be made even when no signal is on at a given time, and that a longer CQ may well pay off.

In my 40yrs + as a ham, it became a habit to first check WWV/WWVH and then carry on with tuning around.

Of course this is of no commercial value and has nothing to do with safety or other important factors.

We might just lose another valuable and handy means of propagation forecast and real time signal.

73 de wolf  df2py