Re: Topband: making a bev seem longer

To: "'Lloyd - N9LB'" <lloydberg@charter.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: making a bev seem longer
From: <n4is@n4is.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 18:22:29 -0400
<<
Sometimes the YCCC is better and sometimes the BOGs are better for 80m or
160m.

That's for me is a very low performance. The good Horizontal Flag can dig
signals 22 db below the vertical TX array.  A simple K9AY does what you
mentioned too.

I heard 316 countries on 160m last 10 years, two flags can achieve 12 db DRF
and you can rotate 360 degree, sharing the space with other HF antenna on
the same mast. Over 300 on 80, 40 and 30 too by the way.

By the way the propagation on 160m for horizontal polarized signal is
different from vertical, 2010 I heard XU7ACY 80 days out of 180 days, Oct to
March, on 160m SSE SSW. On my vertical politized Waller Flag I heard him
just 3 times on the same period.

It is nice to have more RX antennas, but ignore the Flag is a basic mistake.
One flag works like two vertical in phase, very simple like that, 1 to 10
MHz, 11 to 12 db DRF.

Noise is vertical polarized too if you like in a city lot like I am.

Why not the flags, or EWE..???

73's
JC
N4IS