Topband: NA QP last night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: NA QP last night
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 13:54:03 -0400
I think this was my 1st NAQP contest,
interesting to have a contest end at
6:00Z/2AM EST but there were quite a few
stations available though I heard no long
distance DX, some NA DX wer3e heard in CT
though. Still, the CW portion was quite
full almost to the end. I was unable to
dedicate real time to this but it was fun.

Nice to hear 160 signals in mid-summer.
100W worked about everything I heard. Have
a feeling something has gotten into the Rx
antenna system. A month ago it looked to
be a deer had laid an element of the HI-Z
8 flat to the ground.

Critters... Vermin...

73,

Gary