Topband: Circle array small diameter VS Wider spaced 4 sq rcv arrays

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Circle array small diameter VS Wider spaced 4 sq rcv arrays
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 10:12:13 -0600
I currently have installed a 8 circle array by DXE.  It works fine.  It is built for 40/80/160 with the 50 ft radius as that is about all the space I have.  I find a rarely if ever need it on 40m so I was curious if a wider spaced 4 sq for rcv would out perform the circle enough to really notice on 80/160.  The circle allow me 4 more directions which has come in handy.  I would prefer an antenna that could be shared between 160 and 80.

Mike W0MU