Re: Topband: FT8 Tonight

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 Tonight
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:26:33 -0700
Interesting. Must be a fun place in the middle of Antarctic winter and keeping a 160m antenna up. OTOH, they can lay wire on the ice for a 660 ft elevated dipole.

I had 3 SSB QSO's with them on 20m when I was MM in the Southern Ocean Jan 2017. From the newbies on the radio I think getting a ham license is a popular recreation.

Grant KZ1W