Re: Topband: Wednesday Night Conditions

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday Night Conditions
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:23:47 +0000
Hi Roger

I had a remarkable swing of QSB that took you from really loud to really weak. I had been hoping that we would have a great evening (finally) but when I first heard you calling, I said to myself, "This isn't good."  A few seconds later you were blasting in, so it made evaluating  the evening a bit difficult.   I heard the same condx on Z2LA last night. He went from weak to gone in the space of 30 seconds.  One DL station had so much QSB, that I thought another local station here was trying to help me fish out his weak callsign.  Very strange!

We were in the middle of a huge snow storm last night, and there was lightning involved with the storm system, so the static crashes were terrible here. We have a lot of new snow as well this morning.  I called a few CQs and worked a small string of OK, OH, SP, and DL stations.  I think many NA stations were parked on 1821 looking for Z2LA. I did not stay up for EU sunrise.

Dave K1WHS