Re: Topband: Speaking of Noises...

To: ws6x.ars@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Speaking of Noises...
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:50:46 -0500
Here is a recording (made on 80M a few years ago but sounds substantially
the same on 160M) of what I'm told is the Wallops Island Ionosonde:

http://n3qe.org/wumwum_80M.wav

Here is the waveform showing 4 louder cycles followed by three softer
cycles:

http://n3qe.org/wumwum.png

If you look at the second panel of the waveform, you see a 20Hz
substructure in the pulses.

Even though I'm sitting in once place with a 2.4kHz filter making this
recording, I understand that the actual spectrum occupied is wider and it
cycles through the bands repeating on a several minute cycle.

Tim N3QE